Music Lessons In Your Home
Serving Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Burlington, and Milton! We have more than 25 years experience teaching the Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) curriculum. Lessons are available year-round.
NEW - online lessons are now available.
Private piano lessons are available from beginner to early advanced levels. Piano students will be given opportunities for performance at recitals and music festivals (competitions). Opportunities for examinations through the RCM will also be provided and encouraged.
Theory Rudiments Lessons:
Theory lessons are available for levels preparatory to 8 of the RCM curriculum. Lessons are available in private and group instruction to prepare for the RCM Exams.
Flute, clarinet and saxophone lessons are available at the beginner level up to RCM level 4. Woodwinds students will be given opportunities for performance at recitals and music festivals (competitions). Opportunities for examinations through the RCM will also be provided and encouraged.
- RCM Grade X Piano
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (Music Education) from the University of Western Ontario
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Music) from the University of Calgary
- RCM Certified Teacher
- Registered Music Teacher with the Ontario Registered Music Teachers Association (ORMTA)
- Vice-President of the ORMTA Etobicoke-Mississauga Branch (2015 to 2018)
- President of the ORMTA Etobicoke-Mississauga Branch (2018 to present)
- GTA Zone Representative on ORMTA Provincial Council
- Member of the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers’ Association
- Member of the Milton Music Teachers’ Association
- Chair of the Milton Music Teachers’ Association (2015 to present)
- Member of the Music Teachers’ National Association
- 30+ years music teaching experience
Why Lynne Oliver Music Studios?
- Music lessons in the comfort of your home or online
- Exam, recital and festival/competition preparation: Our students do consistently well on Royal Conservatory of Music examinations and many earn first and second place finishes in festivals. We give students many opportunities to perform.
- Students can log-in to the Student Portal to not only view their lesson calendar and attendance but also track their practice time and repertoire.
- Use of Cadenza: an electronic notebook where students can track and time practise sessions, share recordings and earn badges.
- Use latest iPad and iPhone apps to help learning.
CALL 647-971-3136 NOW!
Did you know...
"A person is excused from attendance at school if the person is absent from school for the purpose of receiving instruction in music and the period of absence does not exceed one-half day in any week."
Source: Part II - School Attendance, Section 21, 2(e)
Ontario Education Act, R.S.O 1990